Saturday, December 6, 2008

The soapbox of a lunatic

College football rules.
That's about it.
I'm sitting on my couch watching the Big 12 championship game as I write tonight.  I love it.  I truly enjoy watching excellence.  It matters not what field it is in.  I enjoy watching excellent sports and listening to excellent music.  It's the best.

New Subject:
My kids all won their games today.  Both by large margins.
I got to listen to some really good Horn players today at All-State.
It was all awesome.

More Stuff:
I'm looking forward to the next semester.  I truly enjoy prepping the kids for contest.  It's a wonderful process of discovery and learning.

My only source of trepidation is eligibility.  I have a total of 4 kids in the high school band failing at least 2 classes.  I have another 3 failing one.  This is not acceptable.

In the 7th grade there's a total of 4 kids failing classes.

These kids don't seem to get it.
I don't get it.

I was never an awesome student.  I carried a 3.5 GPA through high school.  I was capable of more but I was...LAZY.

How do these kids FAIL classes?
These are not unintelligent kids either.  They are LAZY!

My conversation with almost EVERY flunky:
ME- "What's up in your classes?"
Flunky- "I don't know."
ME- "Bull.  You go to that class.  You go their every class period. How can you NOT know what's going on in there?"
Flunky- "I don't know."
Me- "That's bull and you know it!  Why are you failing?"
Flunky- "I don't turn in my work."
ME- "Why?"
Flunky- "I don't know.  I do the work, I just forget to turn it in."

Doing your homework work and not turning it in would be the ultimate in stupidity.
I cannot stand stupidity.  It disgusts me.  BAH!

O for the day that responsibility and self-respect are learned by us all.
It comes down to the fact that we all need more of these.

2 comments:

maddy-grace said...

merry christmas

Anonymous said...

hola mr.anderzack hope you had a great chrismas p.s. keep rockin!