Thursday, October 9, 2008

Opportunities Abound...

Opportunity.
That is the only thing we can ever really ask for.
The opportunity to be a success.
It does not matter what we are involved in. Sports, business, school, whatever. All we can ask for is a chance.

Will my band make the most of its opportunities?

I don't have the faintest notion. They want to do well.
The desire seems to be there. I don't think that the determination is there though.
Does that say anything about me as their teacher and motivator?
I don't know.

Years ago I would be throwing fits about the work that's left to be done. I would figuratively have kittens at the fact that 50% of the band does not know its final tune.

Not so much know.

I think that I have mellowed over the years.

I was a different person when I first arrived at Harrah High School.
I had great demands on the kids but the talent wasn't there to deliver.

The talent is almost there. Almost.

If only State competitions were hand grenades or horse shoes what a Merry Christmas this would be.

The kids are literally on the cusp of something special. I can see it. I think a couple of them can see it too.

If only....

We still rule!
I love these kids and all they have done this year.
No fear, no regrets!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you rock mr.a
- megan and brittney (in 6th grade )

Anonymous said...

mr a is the best teacher in the hole wide......... well harrah
any 1 would be lucky to have him as a teacher you are the best mr.a peace out =)