Friday, August 29, 2008

I digg my students this year!

We have no losers.
Usually there's at least 2 or 3 in each class.
This year- NONE!

My beginners are awesome! What a great group of kids. They have great attitudes, personalities, and are reasonably well-behaved. Sure they act like middle school kids, but they have a pretty good idea how to go from goofy to work. It's great.

My 7th graders are a great group of kids too!
They make good sounds and also have good attitudes. We WILL go far this year.

The high school group is doing well. We have a few that need to learn a bit of personal responsibility, but that's OK. We are doing a pretty good job of learning drill and music.

I must admit that I'm a little nervous about our show. It's different. The music has some randomness to it. I'm interested to see how it's received by crowds and judges.

The music is a little harder than last year which is to be expected, I try to do that each year as the talent level increases. The problem is we had difficult drill last year and this year is no easier. Harder music + hard drill=tough show.

My main concerns with the marching band are pit, bass drums, and color guard. Not in that order. Color guard has been a significant challenge for quite some time. Change WILL happen next year.

In a perfect world all aspects of the program would increase at the same rate. Of course we don't live in that world. Ah, if I were the omnipotent one.

No comments: